Digest #14

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon May 10 16:29:10 CEST 1993

	COMMENTS ON DIGEST:

	I just had a looong message "returned" to me as "undeliverable". I didn't see its contents posted in this last digest. Perhaps it'll
be in digest 14 -- we'll see.
	Someone asked about "Duck of Africa" (which is supposed to be entitled "The Terror of the Transvaal", originally titled "The Prey of
the Transvaal Viper"). Where was the "Wizard of Oz" reference? Maybe I've forgotten my own dialogue... or did Mr. Dios add something?
Anyway, in those panels where $McD is turning the bad guy into the sheriff, the dialogue was just something like "Here's a bad guy"
and the badguy saying --- no, I remember... it was a small gag where $crooge says "here's a bushwhacker" and the Boer says, "I never
whacked a bush in my life. I swear"... sort of a running gag where he swears innocence to everything all through the story. And yes,
the upcoming 3-parter is "The Argonaut of White Agony Creek" where $crooge finally becomes rich.
	Did someone want a list of future episodes? #7 is "The Dreamtime Duck of the Never Never", part 8 is the one in the Yukon, part 9
is "The Billionaire of Dismal Downs, part 10 is "The Invader of Fort Duckburg". I'm currently writing part 11, another 3 parter, and I
have yet to pick a title.

	Someone asked if I'd ever use Launchpad, even as a gag background character. Sure, I'd do that, since I like the guy. BUT I don't
think I'd better since readers would see that use as my acknowleding the cexistance of the DuckTales characters in my Duck universe.
So I'd better leave them alone.
	As for Darkwing Duck, I like the show, what little I've seen of it (I don't watch much on TV except old movies). But again, I see it
as a universe unto itself, apart from all other Disney universes... and I AM a bit bothered, as I was by ROGER RABBIT, that Disney
moves further along its course of abandonning its own image in favor of the Warner Brothers style that TV watching Americans have come
to prefer. I'm sure it's the right thing to do, but I don't hafta like it.