Time in Don's comics

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se
Tue May 18 09:12:35 CEST 1993

Don Rosa wrote:
>... my stories all take place in the early-mid 50s.

Yes, I've read about that before. And that has also made me wondering:
What about those stories (like "When the Duck fell to Earth" (trans-
lation of the Swedish title) and "The Island at the Edge of Time")
where modern equipment (satellites in those two examples) play an
important role? The first satellite wasn't sent up until 1957, and
satellites equipped for searching for minerals probably didn't arrive
until several years after that.

Of course, I realize that this could just be an example of "artistic
freedom". Or is there some other explanation?

I also wonder if there is any "internal continuity" in your stories.
Like: "Son of the Sun" comes before "Mythological Menagerie" which
comes before "Return to Plain Awful". I realize, of course, that the
stories can be read in any order, but do they take place in any
particular order (say, chronologically)?

  /Fredrik Ekman

       \     |   In Donaldismo Veritas   |     /