Duck Daze

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Tue Nov 16 15:30:17 CET 1993

David,

I use to be a member of Ranger-List.  I left because of the moderator
and cannot find it in myself to recommend that list to anyone.  Tad
Stones rarely ever posted to Ranger-List, and I got the distinct
impression that he wasn't a regular reader.

I honestly don't understand your furor over Duck Daze.  I first heard
about the show almost a year ago and have been looking forward to it
ever since.  I don't expected it to be like Carl Barks' or Don Rosa's
Ducks because Disney Comics and Disney Animation have always been
radically different.

I'll give you an example.  I love Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse.
But, I also like the cartoon Goof Troop.  To me FG's and GT's Goofy are
different versions of the same character.  In fact, I find that Goof
Troop has actually increased my enjoyment of Floyd Gottfredson because
it has made me re-read a bunch of his work this time focusing my
attention on Goofy.

| James Williams                           |
| Bitnet: JWW%ESS%NIAID at NIH3PLUS.BITNET    |
| Internet: JWW at ESS.NIAID.PC.NIAID.NIH.GOV |
| CompuServ: 70304,2462                    |