April, May & June in Barks stories (was: From RoC)

Anders Engwall Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
Wed Nov 17 07:28:05 CET 1993

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen <lrn at daimi.aau.dk>:

> That they should be so rare in Barks' production surprises me. I also
> thought of the 'Flipism' story, but assumed that they had popped up
> now and then. But the DDDiary story 'A Sticky Situation' is maybe
> the only time they appear for more than a panel or two.

They also appear in one of CB's last 10-pagers, in WDC 308 (May 1966).
That's the one where Donald opens up a beauty parlor, AM&J drag Daisy
into the parlor (Yes, drags. Daisy is very reluctant, cause she is kinda
jealous. See, Donald's parlor is a smash hit, and he is now who is
surrounded by beautiful *and* thankful girls all day long) and then
decide to help Donald in his work... Chaos follows, of course. I like
this one a lot.

"Fru Amalia von Strupenknorr-Torrskinn - alla kosmetologers fasa!"

(Donald upon meeting his first customer, the ugliest old hag in Duckburgh)

Anders Engwall				Email: Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
ELLEMTEL Utvecklings AB			Voice: +46 8 727 3893
[lvsj|, Sweden				Fax: +46 8 727 42 20
	"Jas} *universum* - jag trodde vi snackade om Konsum..."