disney-comics Packet for Gladstone?

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Sun Oct 3 23:46:06 CET 1993

David:
> 	I cut-and-pasted many letters from months and months and
> months of archives and have the following packet prepared of
> condensed, specialized letters in chronological order.  I prepared
> them on a word-processing file, and if you guys give me the go-ahead,
> I'll send 'em as listed to John and Gary at Gladstone.

As I'm one of those you're quoting in that thing: yes, sure, go ahead
and do whatever you want with my messages.  (I don't remember what
I've said.  It seems like I've said something nice about Strobl and
something not so nice about Murry.  I guess I'll have to stand by
whatever I said, though.)

If you're seeking permission from all those you listed I'd better
inform you that Rich Bellacera has left the list as he lost access to
email.  All the others are still here, though.

> If people want to write letters especially for me
> to send to Gladstone, now's the time to do it, since I can add them to
> this special dossier.

I read their books so late (just read US 281, WDC 586, DDA 21, and
DD 280) so I don't think I have much input that still would be
interesting to them.

This project of yours reminded me of your fieldwork work in
anthropology you asked about.  Sure, I wouldn't mind (and I'd be
interested in your results).  If you want questionaires distributed to
more Swedish duck fans I could help you with that too.  (Maybe at
NAFS(k)'s fall meeting November 27 if that's not too late.)

>	Don't be offended by this, please, folks... I'm not trying to
> say we're typical comic-shop weirdos, I want to find out why we
> *aren't* and what makes a Disney comic aficionado... this really interests me
> and might meet the qualifications for the project!!

Do you really think you could be an unbiased observer? :-)
Per Starback, atypical weirdo.