U.S.McDuck : His Life and Times

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Mon Oct 4 00:31:40 CET 1993

I work at the Omaha Public Library, and as an employee, I may order books
via the Library, using the discount that the library uses (sometimes as
high as 40%).  So, last Friday, after work, I spent thirty minutes
searching the database of Baker and Taylor (B T Link) looking for various
titles.  (Baker and Taylor is one of the largest book distributors in the
U.S.)

Here's what I found concerning various Disney titles:

All of the graphic novels must be ordered directly from the publisher
(either Gladstone or Disney).

Uncle Scrooge McDuck : His Life and Times  is still available in print
from Baker and Taylor.  (That's what the database says.  Perhaps when I
place an order, B&T will discover that it's out of print.)

What does this mean for the rest of you?  Well, I know that Waldenbooks
uses B&T Link for book orders.  Also, I saw a nice copy of the paperback
edition in a comic book store Friday, and it looked brand new, so it might
still be in circulation.

So, here's the information you will need to order the book: