Yet more about colours

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at j-sek.lu.se
Fri Oct 15 09:51:03 CET 1993

"Another strange thing about colouring is that the traditions of
colouring covers are not the same as those of colouring the comics.
Do you all think of that as just a peculiarity that ought to go
away, or do you think that tradition should be honoured and the
characters ought to keep getting coloured in a special way on the
covers?" ...asks Per.

I think it really doesn't matter that much, anyway; sure, I'd react
unfavourably if f'rinstance Donald's car was skyblue on a cover or so, but I
think one should remember that it is in our interest too, that Disney comics
manage to sell, and a major seller of a comic book is always it's colour, so I
think... well, comic book covers should be designed to be eyecatching and with
great enough variety to stand out in the comic book stand, and that the
colouring is one variable that must be variable!

Mattias Hallin

"- Look at the sky, Blacksnake! Red, green, magenta!"
"- All I see is red!"

(or sump'n lak that)