Disney-comics digest #306.

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Thu Apr 21 15:20:27 CEST 1994

>But... but... Disney printed one of them in the Christmas special
>WDC&S 580!!!  Gottfredson's only attempt at the Three Pigs and
>Li'l Bad Wolf... thank goodness.

David.  Interesting, I didn't realize that Gottfredson had worked on
any other strips for Disney.  None of this is mentioned in Mickey Mouse
in Color.  Other than his Mickey Mouse work, what else did Gottfredson
do for Disney?

>According to my Dutch index, there was also a Snowwhite sequel in
>1937/1938

Harry, I saw Snow White for the first time last summer.  It seemed
a rather final ending to me.  I'm not sure what the newspaper strip to
do afterwards.  What was the sequel about?

Mattias and Bror.  Lets not start a flamewar.  I appreciated both of
you comments.  I'll be honest, I'm not writing a true FAQ (i.e.  it
won't be a stack of questions followed by a stack or answers).  What
I want to write is an Introduction to Disney Comics.  It will be
a series of small paragraphs/articles on various topics.  I'll cover
basic topics like what Disney Comics are, who the main characters are,
who the creators are, and more.  I plan to write it for anyone.  You
will not need to have read a disney comic to follow this FAQ.  I
volunteered to write this because I wanted to learn more about Disney
Comics.  I know about Disney then your average reader, but there is an
alful lot which I don't know.  I'll be asking a lot of detailed
questions in the future.

>I'm wondering if DD #286 has come out this week.  If so, it
>has probably hit the comic shops today.

Yes, it came out yesterday.  My inlaws are visiting, so I haven't
even gotten a chance to open the cover.

>As a story, it has its moments.  I don't really know what it's
>going to feel like, given that Bruce Hamilton apparently wrote an
>English version almost exactly like the original Italian.  I hope he
>at least put it into duck-speak.

David.  I disagree.  I hope the translation is almost exact with no
editing.  I think it is important.  Most people are more interested
in this story because of it uniqueness than because of its content.
I'd rather it be accurate than interesting.

James Williams