Unsubscribably delirious

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sun Aug 28 15:02:45 CEST 1994

MATTIAS:

>Well, no, I guess I don't believe that anyway; but I did actually ask that
>"GaiaMaster" person what he/she/it *had* expected, but didn't get -- and got the
>reply that "GaiaMaster" didn't approve of digests.

You mean the "GaiaMaster" didn't like getting all the messages in a single
digest, or didn't approve of the contents?

It seems like the biggest rash of unsubscribers appear at the end or
beginning of the school year.  I wonder if most of them are sent by some
administrator cleaning up expired student accounts.  If so, they probably
wouldn't know (or care) what the proper address is to send the message to.
They simply generate an "unsubscribe" message and sent it to whatever list
the messages come from.

>discuss the Lion King, after all -- or at least not argue whether it or Bambi
>is the cuter movie...

Even that waould be a step up from the the typical message on r.a.d.  :)

>*               "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!              *
>**************       A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"      *************

I like your new signature line.  Hope it doesn't cause an avalanche or
anything like that... :)

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

Minnesota: Where the ducks are strong, the drakes good looking,
           and all the ducklings are above average.