The Duckburg Times

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sun Aug 28 15:03:24 CEST 1994

DAVID:

>        At the San Diego Con, Dana told me a new issue is being prepared
>for this fall, and apologized for the delay...
>
>        And THE BARKS COLLECTOR's still going -- at least it's still
>advertised in the Overstreet guide this year.

Thanks for the update, David.  I was going through some old files this
weekend, and I came across an letter from Paul Anderson III of Laramie,
Wyoming announcing that he was starting a new publication titled VACATION
IN DUCKBURG.  The letter was mailed in April of 1981, and he mentioned
that he had lost the DUCKBURG TIMES to Frank and Dana Gabbard in August of
1980.  I had forgotten that Dana was not the original publisher, and I also
forgot that I had sent money to Paul for a subscription to VACATION IN
DUCKBURG which never appeared.   I seem to remember hearing about an
earlier fanzine also titled VACATION IN DUCKBURG published by someone
else.  Does anyone know of this?

As for THE BARKS COLLECTOR, I may have just let my subscription lapse.
There was a period of time a few years back when I took leave of my senses
and lost almost all interest in comics.  This mailing list has helped me
back on the road to recovery...

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>