Dwight Does Sweden

Dwight Decker deckerd at agcs.com
Mon Dec 12 19:45:47 CET 1994

I'm now in the process of writing up a trip
report about my recent jaunt to Europe for
CAPA-Alpha, the comics amateur press association
and I just got to the part where I spent a
day in Sweden. Thanks to disney-comics at minsk,
I hooked up with Mattias Hallin, who was kind
enough to spend the day showing your humble
servant around Lund. I don't remember if I
ever adequately thanked him for his time and
efforts, but I did enjoy it. Disney fans make
good tour guides! I also found an issue of
Musse Pigg with that Danish story I worked on
(the one where Donald goes to a costume party
dressed as a fish, and I picked up a video
tape of Snow White dubbed into Swedish. That
last is notable for its advertising for an
upcoming video release of "The Aristocats"
in early '95. There are rumors Aristocats is
on Disney's schedule for release in the US
later in '95, but so far I haven't seen any
official announcement. Looks like this will be
the first time a major Disney film has been
released on video in Europe before its
release in the States. (The big American
release then will be The Lion King, so perhaps
it's no wonder Aristocats has been pushed back.)
Enough rambling. Thanks again, Mattias, for a
swell day in Sweden!

--Dwight Decker