DD&Co #50

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Wed Dec 14 23:40:03 CET 1994

Here's the review of the latest Northern Barbarian Donald Duck &Co.

DD&Co #50
---------

The lead story is a Magica story (D93140, 12 pages). I think you'll
like this one, David. Well, Magica isn't exactly playing a big role
in the story... She comes to Duckburg (you know why) and start to
attack Scrooge, Donald and HDL with foff bombs (what do you call them?).
She didn't bring enough bombs, and is getting arrested by the police.
The ducks go to Vesuvio to destroy Magicas book. When they arrive, they
meet the heavily injured spies. Magicas raven is making a lot of
trouble for them in their mission.
I like this story, and the art is good (Branca). The part were they
investigate Magica's house could have been better, though. This could
have been a really exiting part of the story.

Second is a Goofy story (D93487, 6 pages) drawn by the artist we like
so much... (the farm story). Anyway, the art is much better here (I'm
not saying it was _good_). Mickey is working as a reporter in a
newspaper. The newspaper building is very tall. Goofy gets the job of
cleaning the windows. Some mountain climber is getting injured in a
mountain where earlier mayors of Duckburg are portrayed (like Mount
Rushmore). Goofy is using his experience of hanging from ropes in high
altitudes to save him.
Ah, well. What shall I say? Didn't you say something about boring stories
being stopped written, David?

Ah, the third story. This is Barks' "Turkey with All the Schemings"
(WDC148, 10 pages). They must have redone the coloring since the last
reprint. It's actually quite good.

Then the finishing part of the continuation story (D94049, 8 pages).
Not too bad, actually. The art is quite good, but I don't recognize
the artist yet.
They find out the crook is out for when a big Christmas tree takes of
like a rocket, then falls into the ground and opens an oils well.

Last is a Pluto one-pager (KF6.30.40).

I was wrong when I thought we had got all the Extras this year. There's
at least one more.
Next week we get the comic adaption of the Lion King...

   Jorgen
           - Enten betaler Petrolio Balonio de Donald middagen sin,
             eller sa arbeider han inn belopet som tallerkenvasker i
             restauranten min!