Disney-comics digest #524.

Bob Wright ARCHIMEDES at delphi.com
Sun Dec 18 03:47:44 CET 1994

KARL:  Finally got time to get to the garage and dig out my older WDCS. The
first appearance of those singular pistols is  in  Murray's  first  serial,
"The  Last  Resort"  from  WDCS 152-154.  In the second part, MM and GF are
discovered in the villains' hideout and one of them  named  Snide  pulls  a
pistol on them.  Mickey pushes a barrel at the bad guys and the weapon goes
off  harmlessly.   The  gun  looks  very  much  the same as it did in later
serials.  It was features like this that made the Murray  serials  lots  of
fun.   If  you have some of the originals or reprints, check out the way he
draws Mickey when he's thinking. Cap lifted by right  hand  and  scratching
head with same hand.

HARRY:   Someone  else  has  probably  answered  this, but ROTFL stands for
"rolling on the floor laughing".

JORGEN:  I think the story you're referring to is "House of Haunts" from US
63.   US  gets drenched in phosphoresent paint, and is mistaken for a ghost
by the BB.  It was reprinted in US 129, but the coloring is inferior, as it
was in many of the later Gold Key/Whitman reprints, and lacked  the  impact
of the original.

Anyone for 23,000,000 quarts of pickled rutabagas?

`[1;30;47mRainbow V 1.09 for Delphi - Registered