Duck doesn't suck!

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Fri Dec 30 13:11:28 CET 1994

DON:
    Well, I see the logic you had behind ragarding The Magic Hourglass
as never-existing. I wonder what Barks himself thinks of that story...
Oh, $crooge also said if he will keep losing billion dollars in a minute
it still would take him centuries to have no money. That would mean he
could lose over half a trillion every year! So, I quess Barks didn't have
too much basis on that story but the adventure was good.
    Sorry to get you so upset about saying $crooge and the others are
'just' cartoon characters, but I didn't mean it like _just_. I have
grown up with Donald Duck. I have learned to read with Donald Duck. I
have learned to draw with Donald Duck. I have made friend thanks to
Donald Duck. So, by saying "cartoon characters" I certainly didn't mean
any Itchy&Scratchy or some Superhyperspidersonicwarpradioactiveman. What
I meant was that... uh, well, maybe I better not continue, but I _do_
respect $crooge & co. very much. Maybe that idea of Duckburg being in
alternative universe, whiches time somehow stopped during the '50s while
our World kept going forward. Besiege, there's nothing wrong with that
age. I love rock'n'roll, but I also love computers, if you know what
I mean... (yes, this part of the message could be considered as an apologize
for Duckburg for me calling it Toontown)
    And the reason I didn't know about the satellite was that the
Finnish translators apparently thought all this happened 199x. So,
"Brutopian Sputnik" was just "a satellite."

PMF:
    You said disney animations have humans _and_ animals together (!)
If those animals are to mean like Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse, then
the only one I can remember is Roger Rabbit. Then again if yoy mean
movies like Lady and the Tramp or Little Mermaid, they're a whole
another story. First of all, I don't think they happened in Duckburg
or even Disney universe, but the point is humans and animals didn't
communicate together. Who knows what animals talk among themselves when
humans ain't listening?

BOB:
    You said $crooge would recognize Glomgold after 100 years. First time
they met after Lo$, he didn't however. And the point is, on the second
time he didn't either! They started fighting and got to courthouse and it
wasn't until there, where $ knew who he was.

WILMER:
> Loki Sky-walker: "Odin...This is not what it appears to be."

    Funny... Though Finnish people didn't believe in the Norse gods, but however
I always thought I knew quite much about them. But Loki SKYWALKER?!-o

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie