Ignoramuses

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Fri Dec 30 16:30:35 CET 1994

DON:

    I just read Lo$ #6 -- and remembering what was said here about the Zulu
warrior's being taken out by the Disney censors, I was kinda surprised to see
that they actually let "Hottentots" pass by -- not least considering that
"Hottentot" is rather much less PC than "Zulu"! And talking about PC in South
Africa -- the Kaffir de Gaffir Gold Mine is not *quite* PC either, considering
that the word "kaffer" in Afrikaans translates somewhere between "darkie" and
"nigger", depending on circumstances... But then, I doubt that Barks knew
*that*...
Obviously, though, the Disney censors know *nuthin'* -- but hey! What else
is new?

All my best, and a Happy New Year to you and Ann!

Mattias

**** Mattias Hallin ** Lund * Sweden ** <Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se> ****
*               "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!              *
**************       A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"      *************