Disney-comics digest #243.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Feb 16 04:47:25 CET 1994

JON CATO:
	They listed stories which were "my inspiration" for my
Lillehammer story??? I have no idea what that is all about. I had no
other stories in mind when I did mine. At the same time, I wasn't
particularly happy with my story, and told the editor at the time that
it seemed pretty "plain" to me and that I wouldn't doubt that
Egmont/Gutenberghus (being based in Scandanavia and therefore favoring
winter-sports tales) had done dozens of similar tales in the past 30
years that I'd have no way of knowing about. Perhaps I was right, and
there had been some past Duck stories so similar to mine that the editor
thought he'd better claim that I used them for inspiration rather than
have sharp readers accuse me of swiping...? That's the only guess I can
make.
	And, sure, I'd like to see a translation of the text, if it's
not too much trouble. In return, I'll send you an English translation of
the above. Deal?

HARRY:
	No, I don't mind if you lift any of my comments off here to be
used in an index or article... as long as I can have a LOOK at them
before you publish something like that. I say things on here that I
wouldn't necessarilly want a Disney executive to see (though they don't
see anything, anyway)... and I might say things on here about Barks'
modern attitudes that I'd rather not seen repeated, as it seems to me
that my only smart reaction to his puzzling remarks about me (or his
self-serving "agent's" remarks, actually) is for me to take a higher
road and NOT react.