Tryg's Index, David's Thursday

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Feb 16 09:24:00 CET 1994

David:
> 	Tryg commented that he had a list of U$ 1-83 with reprint
> status of everything through Whitman.  If he sends it to me, I can add
> what I remember offhand of post-Whitman reprints, then toss it on to
> Per.  Same for WDC&S, although what I'd really like the most is a copy
> of Don's *whole* index complete with the pre-Barks issues.

But, as Tryg said, we already HAVE all the post-Whitman (meaning Gladstone/
Disney/Gladstone) information! I guess we DO have to think about making
one big 'source' index with several indexes derived from it.

And yes Tryg, please send those lists to Per, or David, or me!

David again:
> 	Someone noted that the recent foreign reprint of Gottfredson's
> "An Education for Thursday" has raised protest.  I am not surprised.
> The story has its good moments, but only if you don't imagine Thursday
> to be like ANY real human being.  No one looks or acts like that.

What I remember from the version I read (Paul Murry's remake, and I read
it a long time ago) Thursday acts like a young child. So maybe the
story could be reprinted when explicitly stating that Thursday is about
3 years old?
(I hope to see the Gottfredson version one day...)

--Harry.

Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl

              "Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"