Mickey (was Re: Disney-comics digest #208.)

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jan 11 14:22:30 CET 1994

>>Is anyone else hacked off at Gladstone for not reprinting any new
>>Gottfredson strips?  Oh boy, we get Hoppy the Kangaroo again.  Yippee!
>
>Actually, I understand Gladstone's reasoning on this.  They see their
>comic album and comic books as seperate lines.  Though Hoppy has been
>a comic album, it hasn't been a comic book.  The other reason is
>production costs.  Converting Gottfredson's newspaper strips into
>comic book form takes a lot of work.

I have this written down *somewhere*, but I can't seem to find it:
Didn't Gladstone convert an old Gottfredson adventure into comic book
format, during the days of their "Mickey Mouse" comic book, which then
proceeded to never see print?

If it's already been re-formatted, the production costs for running
this story should be minimal - does anyone remember what it is or know
whether Gladstone has returned it to their schedule?