Don and Ole in Disney-comics digest #342.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Jun 3 10:01:59 CEST 1994

Don:
> 	In case there isn't a new Digest to reply to before Monday, this
> may be my last message on here for a week or so. Since Barks wasn't able
> to stop me, I leave Monday (same day HE does) for a trip to Europe. I'll
> be in Germany until the following Monday.

I'm sorry I can't be there. I wanted to meet you, but I can't get to
Germany this week. Will you ever be visiting Holland?

I wrote:
> The Dutch once published an article with the covers of all kinds of foreign
> Disney magazines. The Scandinavian ones were all first issues or 'facsimiles'
> of first issues. On the Norwegian first issue, a text was written:
>
>         "Congratulations on your world record. Carl Barks"
>
> Which world record was he referring to?

Ole:
> And which facsimile of a first issue had Barks' name on it?

I don't think it was a printed name on a comic, but just a photocopy of a
single issue where Barks had written the text.

Me again (about Disney comics Database):
> a program that can be called like "DIZNIREP W RT" and then will list all
> stories written and/or drawn by RT for editor Western, with all the USA
> reprints listed.

Ole:
> A command line based program with 8 letters in it's name,
> I like your program better and better:)

Are you sarcastic? My programs were (and are) developped on an MSDOS-PC. But
they are in C, and should be able to compile on a Unix-machine as well.

Ole about Matena's Vikings ("Grote Pyr"):
>  So "The Iron Lady" is drawn 10 years later again?

Yes it's drawn more than 10 years later (I read somewhere else that the first
3 stories were originally from 1973-1974). I don't understand the word 'again'
in your question.

> Is it BTW political?
I have never read any of the Grote Pyr stories. But I don't think Thatcher
is involved...

>  Lots of Carl Barks stories in Anders And & Co.
>
> * In Dark Africa ("Darkest Africa") - a 3 part serial. Has never been
>   published before!

Please keep us informed whether this is the same (redrawn and/or censored)
version as published in the Carl Barks Library.

--Harry.