Disney-comics digest #314.

Ronald A. Evry (Ronald) revry at tjhsst.vak12ed.edu
Sun May 1 03:57:41 CEST 1994

Since I brought up Dan O'Neill in the first place, I should
also mention that "The Mouse" (we won't exactly call him Mickey
here, because he wasn't ... not quite, anyway) makes a very
important appearence in "The Collective Unconscience of Odd
Bodkins." (1973, Chronicle Publishing)

Oneill was (at the time) the youngest artist doin the US doing
a nationally syndicated strip. They are really quite clever,
and his work was a seminal influence on Bobby London, Ted
Richards, Trina Robbins, Sherry Flenniken and the late Willy
Murphy. I even see some influence on Van Horn's non-duck stuff.

Then there was "Dan O'Neill's Comic and Stories." I'll see if I
can dig some out of my basement and let you all in on the stuff.

There was more than just "porno" versions of Disney characters
rolling off of his pen. He truly breathed life into his
lampoons, much more so than any Mouse artist since Iwerks or
Gottfriedson.

Ron