Jack Benny's Maxwell, and other things

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 16:03:27 CET 1994

      Dear Folks,

      Wilmer Rivers pointed out that the "Mixwell" comment in OS 147
is in relation to Jack Benny's old roadster.  DARN!  Why didn't I
think of that?  ;-)  You're not the only fellow to liken Jack Benny's
radio persona to Uncle Scrooge either -- I've thought of that
similarity before.  Jack Benny reruns are on a radio station near my
United States home on Saturdays, and my Dad and I enjoy listening to
them.  Gangster:  "Your money or your life!"  Jack Benny:  "I'm
thinking!  I'm thinking!"

      My reply to Dwight Decker wasn't meant to go to the entire
list, so my apologies if it seemed completely irrelevant for a lot of
you!  (Especially YOU, Don...)

      The more I think about Ellsworth, the less I think I'll
probably be using him.  He's just too much like the way I like to
characterize Mickey, and his bizarre status in the Mouseton
community makes things very confusing.  I'm not ruling out using him,
though -- just saying that as of now, I can't think of any ideas for
him where I don't end up thinking, "That's a Mickey idea."  Well,
okay.  Mickey can't fly (although he briefly DOES, in "The Great
Orphanage Robbery" -- on sandwich boards!  ;-)

      Best to all of you,
      David Gerstein