Various

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Mon Nov 14 23:43:34 CET 1994

Mickey Mystery
--------------
Dave:  Well, I will see your stories, I guess. None of your Mickey
Mystery stories have been published so far?
Funny that this should come up, by the way. I was just going to ask
who wrote those stories. This series started in Norway earlier this
year, and so far, I've got all of them. I like a lot of them, actually
I think I like all of them. But why are they drawn in Italy? It's not
that I don't like it, but it's a bit strange that Egmont stories are
drawn in Italy, I think. Yes, I've seen other "Italian" stories with
D-codes too...

And what's a thumbnail bio? A short biography?

Temper Fugit
------------
David, didn't you say you saw this on a comics con? What did you see?
The script, sketches, the finished artwork or...?

Donald's car
------------
It was me who started this, but don't worry Don, I'm not trying to find
out exactly what kind of car it is. The reason why I wanted to hear
what opinions anyone might have on the matter, is that I'm planning to
build a model of the car. Since I don't want to build the entire car
from scratch, I want to find at least one kit with parts that somehow
match the car. So far I haven't found anything better than a Model A.
This will be _my_ version of the car :-)

I'm working on the translation of that article, BTW, but don't worry,
it doesn't say any bad things about you, Don.

The car in the one-page gag (Strobl?) on the inside frontcover of
DDA #something (Sheriff of Bullet Valley) does not look like Barks'
version, but it _has_ a mark on the radiator that looks like Ford's.

BTW, in a Danish story published about 15 years ago, Donald wants to
sell his car. The man who's going to buy it makes a list of all the
different kind of cars it's got parts from.

Thanx to those who have answered me, by mail, or on the list.

Duck Tales
----------
Well, at least it introduced _one_ person to Disney comics :-)
(no, no, I'm _not_ refering to myself).

The "Scandinavian version" of Duck Tales are dubbed in Swedish,
which might explain a lot of their unpopularity in Norway :-)
(it's no problem for a Norwegian to understand Swedish).

They are sent on two channels, which can be recieved in Norway.
One of them is Swedish TV2, which have a program called Disney-dags
(time for Disney), which is sent twice a week (the same program).
Early in the evening on Thursday (I, think) and in the morning on
Sunday. It last for about one hour, and includes two episodes (Duck
Tales, Tale Spin, Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck (not two episodes
of the same series)).

Earlier, this program contained one of the series mentioned above,
and the rest of the program contained old cartoons. They also some-
time had interviews. I don't watch it anymore. I tried a couple of
weeks ago, but that Darkwing Duck is just too stupid and boring.
I must admit, though, that I have liked a few Tale Spin and Rescue
Rangers episodes that I've seen. Chip look quite handsome in that
suit, doesn't he :) Dale, on the other hand, in that stupid shirt...

TV2 is runned by the Swedish state. No commersials.

The other channel is TV3, which is a Norwegian/Swedish/Danish channel.
They send Duck Tales etc. in their program for children early in the
morning on Saturday and Sunday. This channel is financed by commersials.
TV3 sends one Disney movie early in the evening each Saturday, BTW
(not the animated ones...).

BTW: I've heard of something called The Disney Channel. What is that?
How many channels, in the US, show Disney films?

   Jorgen