Some stories and credits

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon Oct 10 14:27:21 CET 1994

Jo/rgen, about a Barks story:
> Oh, well. The Norwegian title is 'Den smarte Onkel Skrue.'
> That is 'Uncle Scrooge, the clever' or something like that.

You're talking about the (famous) story from the first Uncle Scrooge
comic, Four Colour #386: "Only a Poor Old Man". And the dam break panel
was so favourite that Barks made an oil painting out of it.

BTW: the Mickey story about hypnotism that has been discussed here
is Gottfredson's "The Jewel Robbery", coded in the Database as YM 048,
running in the newspapers from Jan 19 to May 2, 1942.

> In a very early posting Harry mentions a series of German
> Uncle Scrooge comics ("Abenteuer aus Onkel Dagoberts Schatztruhe").

Well, that _is_ very early: it was the very first subject I came with
on this list!
These stories are written by Adolf Kabatek (a German, I think). The art
is by some studio artist I don't know the name of.

> In Norway these (seven of them) where published [...]

I think there are not more than 7 stories in this series.

> Harry also mentioned another album series, about cars. One of
> these were published in Norway sometime in the late 80s. Lots
> of Mercedes...

I think it's Jan Gulbransson's 47-page story you're talking about.
It's about "100 years of cars", and since Mercedes was the first car, this
may explain why there are so many of them in that story...

> I am working on a WWW catalog of my collection, and I plan to put
> into it information about writers/artists. To do that with more
> than 2000 magazines is quiet a job, so I think I will start with
> the albums. There are fewer of them :-)

Please make sure you're not doing the same work that has been done before.
A lot of Swedish and Danish Disney publications have been indexed (not in
WWW, but in ASCII). Norwegian issues should be much the same.

--Harry.