U$A #34

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at future.internexus.net
Sat Aug 5 16:56:27 CEST 1995

Having finally found a job a couple of weeks ago, I now have the
opportunity to catch up on those Disney Comics I could't afford but one
month ago.  And I merrily comment as I go:

Spoilers head:

Uncle $crooge Adventures #34 (The $1.95 Gladstone variety)

I liked Money Counting Machine, although its basic premise does unnerve
me a it.  $crooge getting tired from counting his money? I though that
was one of his pure joys in life, along with swimming around in it.
However, his new found adamance (is that a word?) towards counting it in
the end works well.  After that plot point, I liked the story very much.
$crooge seeing that they had stolen a quarter and being so enraged really
cracked me up.  Especially the looks on the policemen when an enraged
$crooge tells them that "they stole a quarter!".  Great stuff. Good
Branca art, too.

Vic Lockman's backup story: Haven't read it yet.  Can't get past those
awful drawings.  Maybe when I'm really bored. And this guy has an ad this
issue offering to teach people how to draw?

-Augie
Augie De Blieck Jr. | Finger adebliec at drew.edu | adebliec at drew.edu
Media Relations     | for info on how you can  | adebliec at internexus.net
Virtual Storm       |    Keep VR.5 Alive!      |