Disney-comics digest #575.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 7 05:04:04 CET 1995

DAVID:
	"Great Honk"? I sorta stopped using that on my own... and I've actually
mostly stopped using most old Barks expletives. When I try to jam one into my
dialogue, it seems forced and unnatural to me -- too obvious that I'm trying to
cram someone else's old expressions into inappropriate spots. But why would
Disney object to "Great Honk"? I haven't any idea what it means -- I think it's
just an old expression from the "Gay 90s". Maybe it scares Disney because they
don't know what it means, and they think you're trying to slip some dirty words
past them.
	But there's no telling what's on Disney's mind when they make these
seemingly arbitrary deletions and censorships. It was Disney that stuck the word
"barf" in one of my stories -- NEVER would I use such a word. And Disney allowed
me to be the person who introduced the word "hell" into Disney comicbookdom in
that new Lo$ #7 from Gladstone. They object to "honk" but they don't mind
"hell"?
	And I seem to recall sticking Jackie Gleason's "homina homina" into a
story or two, but I don't recall if it was ever used that way. Where did those
words/sounds actually appear in print?