Don Rosa not Barks?

Richard Novak rnovak at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 26 23:41:32 CET 1995

I've been lurking here too long without saying anything, but I have to
respond to Don Rosa's Remarks.
When I first saw Rosa's Duck stories a few years ago, I was really taken
aback. I thought what a hideous tragedy to befall the ducks. I even
wrote a semi-scathing letter to Gladstone.

The thing about Don Rosa is that he breaks tradition in a way that's
hard to appreciate immediately. His stuff kind of grows on you. Now I
look forward to seeing a new Rosa story. I think he has captured a view
of the ducks from a previously unknown perspective. (Whatever that
means.)

His current saga of the history and biography of Scrooge is as good as
comics will ever be.

The story of the JW Guide being all that's left of the Library of
Alexandria is one of the best Duck things I've read.

My apologies for not recognising Don's genius in the first place.

Richard Novak