Disney - 50 "ears" of joy

PAULO BARRETO paulo.barreto at inside.com
Mon Feb 27 05:59:00 CET 1995

JORGEN:

>Thanks to Paulo and David for explaining the 50 years' celebration in 1973.

        You're welcome, Jorgen!  Well, the silliness of celebrating with
Mickey's ears is controversial.  The "Disney - 50 [the 0 with ears]
years of joy" logo may look erroneous *today*, quite long past Mickey's
own 50th and 60th birthdays, but it could have made sense in 1973 (I'm
not sure; then I was a baby!).  After all, Mickey's years have been a
long-standing symbol for the Disney empire as a whole (e.g. the water
tower at MGM Studios), which may be considered by Donald fans as a
biased approach but it's general truth.  I don't know about '73
celebration in other countries, but Brazil's Editora Abril wasn't all
wrong - maybe that celebration requires sort of "context-sensitive" :-)
interpretation.

           _____m__(0/\0)__m_____  Paulo Barreto
                                   mad at inside.com

 * M A D 1.0 12-3456 * General error!  Replace operator and press any key.