Disney coins

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 8 05:18:51 CET 1995

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, PAULO BARRETO wrote:
> Anybody know something about Disney coin collections?

Depends on what you count as a "collection". I know that there was one
Italian such with the Topolino comic book in the 70's (or thereabouts)
but our Italian members surely know more about this. In Sweden, there
has been a new Donald Duck "lucky coin" each year for a rather long time
(anyone know how long?). However, these would be rather hard to collect,
since they are only given away as last prizes in various competitions in
Kalle Anka & Co. I always wanted one.

If you have availability to the WWW, you should also check out the page
at http://www.imall.com/imall/Collectibles/disney/disney.html. This is an
advertisment for some company offering "The Official Walt Disney
Commemorative Coin Collection". Would you imagine? One Lion King Silver
Commemorative contains more silver than a silver dollar and only costs
$29.95.

  /F