Disney-comics digest #720.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Jul 12 15:17:00 CEST 1995

>MIKE:
        Oh, I should have explained -- the cover of my Finnish book, with
the Ducks finding a book trove, is to suggest "Guardians of the Lost
Library" which will be the centerpiece of that volume as (I'm told) it is
the one story in the book that has NOT been already published in Finland. So
the cover will likely be a version of the "GotLL" cover, with Donald added.
Maybe. And the books that the editor suggested I show include the one you
mention, one whose title suggests (to me) that it's a bound volume of 1953
AKKU ANKA issues (the first year?), as well as one other. That info is in
another part of the house or I'd tell you exactly.
        As for the "heaven" or whatever it is that I depicted in "Lo$" part
5... I've heard of a LOT of things that offend people nowadays, but never
that. Gad, I hope we haven't gotten to that extreme yet! Heaven, or whatever
that place is, has been depicted in so many ways in so many movies and TV
shows and comics and everything else that I can't imagine anyone getting
upset about such an innocent usage. Or nobody has thought about using such
an objection to get their publicity (usually the case), so DON'T give 'em
the idea.

        I haven't seen "Hearts of the Yukon" yet (WD GIANT #1). I hope it
didn't look too awful in that new "self-covered" format. I never expected
that. (sigh).