Re - Architext wants to archive this mailing list

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jul 18 04:36:08 CEST 1995

Without knowing more about this outfit, I would tend to be wary of it.
The internet in general is fast becoming way overcomercialized, and I
would object to our contributing to this.  My understanding is that the
disney-comics list is already archived, and that anyone on the net already
has free access to these archives.  Why should we be mirrored at some
commercial site that is going to claim that it has "archive access to the
internet" (?!?) and charges its users for it?  They shouldn't even have to
mirror the list in order to provide access to the archives - it may be
that we're not even getting the full story, or else they're even more
stupid than they seem.  Besides, when was the last time you trusted
"Fortune Magazine" to know anything at all about the net?  To me this says
KEEP AWAY!

If you're taking votes, I vote NO.

Begin forwarded message: