Gladstone news: not good

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Mon Jun 5 20:22:11 CEST 1995

When I got to work this morning, I found something like _nine_ e-mail
messages with David Gerstein in the return address waiting for me. It
looks like everything he sent by whatever means got through.

>       Dwight, you're our only contact with Gladstone right now.  I
> can't call them because it costs $4 per minute from here.  Maybe you
> CAN call John and ask if something (like moving the material that was
> to have comprised the second half of this year's now-cancelled
> 64-page US issue) can be done?

David, isn't this coming awfully close to telling Gladstone how to
run its business? From what you've said, this was a decision Bruce
Hamilton made, so even John Clark couldn't change his mind. Besides,
if the contents of the issue have already been announced in Previews,
it must be too late to change it now. I haven't always agreed with
Hamilton's brainstorms, either, and this may be just another bright
idea that won't work, but it's his company and he makes the decisions
based on what he knows of the business and the market. Do you really
want me to call John and say, "David Gerstein told me to call you and
tell you that Bruce is doing something stupid, and he wants you to
risk your own job by defying your boss."???? I'm sorry, but I'm not
going to call John about this. If you're that exercised about the
matter, it's between you and Bruce. I'm an occasional freelancer for
the company, that's all, and I'm not about to start telling them how
to run their business. Again, sorry, but that's how I see it.

--Dwight