Complete Barks--hardcover or soft?

Dixon H Chandler dchandle at mailer.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 6 17:07:54 CEST 1995

Hi, Barks fans!

Any opinions on the Complete Carl Barks in Hardcover--fifteen volumes,
isn't it?  VS. the softcover volumes coming out as Donald Duck Adventures,
et al?

I'd like to have _all_ the great Barks adventure stories, ultimately.
(The non-adventure stories are a lesser priority, altho the Gyro Gearloose
stories would be nice.)

BUT of course there's the question of money, which I don't have in
abundance.  Do the paperback volumes REPRINT the notes from the hardcovers
(by Geoffrey O'Brien, I think?), or are these new notes entirely?

What about the colors?  I sort of prefer the color versions, simply since
my kids enjoy them more that way, and the hardcovers aren't entirely in
color, are they?

Sorry if this is a topic that's been covered ad nauseum;  I just
discovered this list, and would be interested in any feedback on this.

Thanks,

-dc