No subject

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Jun 26 19:12:17 CEST 1995

Colette Cardoza asked me:
> PER:
> Where can I get into the usenet? I want to know your ftp address.
> Where is the Disney Database?

Usenet?  I wouldn't know where *you* can get into the Usenet.  Ask some
computer buff at your site.

I haven't mentioned the ftp address in the welcome message for the
list for some time, as I see that as the "old version" of the archives
associated with the list and the WWW pages as the "new version".
(People who have access to ftp should have access to WWW too anyway.)

Perhaps I should mention the ftp address there too anyway.  OK, no I do.
I've mentioned before that I've copied all the ftp stuff from it's
original location to Update's ftp server at ftp.update.uu.se.  Well,
from now on I appoint that one the main ftp server, and the older one
(at ftp.lysator.liu.se) may be deleted anytime.  (All the links on the
WWW page to ftp files already go to Update's server.)

So it's host ftp.update.uu.se, and the directory is pub/comics/disney,
and there is the Disney Database and lots of other stuff.

It's possible to reach everything there from the WWW pages, so I
still recommend them instead.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"