NoNoNoNo...Don't Serialize!

Frank M. DiCapua dicapuaf at pfizer.com
Thu Jun 29 12:12:48 CEST 1995

Not that I expect my vote to count with Gladstone, but...

I HATE serializations!  Reading a piece of a story every two
months just doesn't do it for me.  I can't keep the story
in my head for that long.  If it was a monthly issue it
wouldn't be too bad, but with a two month wait between issues,
it would take six months to get a complete story.

I haven't liked any of these 'Continued Next Issue' stories
that Gladstone has been publishing.  I do have to say that
the Lo$ is an exception because each one of the stories is
self contained, but I can't see where an 8 page piece of
a continuous story is going to work for me.

On a positive note:  I don't mind Gladstone making a
profit, even if that means that they have to produce for
the collectors market.  Overall, I really like what they're
doing for the comics industry:  They bring out high quality
comics to the mass market (except for this latest WDC&S).
I really wish they'd publish more titles more often, but
I know that this is impossible  given that most kids don't
buy comics anymore (too expensive!)

Frank