various

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Wed Mar 1 15:54:56 CET 1995

About those Goofy stories...
>You do not misunderstand -- the D&M prints them in magazine format,
>which means that a lot of the art is simply removed. That makes them
>suffer a lot, because, IMNSHO, the art outside of the panels are very
>important for the "feeling" of the story.

I can't imagine them without, that art more or less _is_ the point with
those stories!

>think that "invisible" story is among them (H. G. Wells, isn't it? I
>read that a few years ago).

That's right! My closest library gives me an ISBN of 0-330-29785-6 for a
version printed in London by Pan Books in 1987. There is also a norwegian
translation available. Tell me if you want a reference, but I'd guess any
decent library has a copy of this story.

>     - Isn't that Beethoven's son?
>     - No, that's Steinway's son.

In the norwegian version (was that the one you read?) I'm quite sure the
answer is: "No, that's a Steinway & Son". I haven't read it for many years,
though, so I may be wrong...

>When someone is knocking at a door, it doesn't say "knock, knock", but
>"bartok, bartok". When a piano is falling down several floors, it says
>"BRAHMS"!

That's one of the things that makes the Beethoven story one of the best in
the series. It's like that all the way.

Knut