various remarks on recent letters

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Fri Mar 10 21:42:31 CET 1995

WES:
>And when an epic 62 pager arrives, well, forget it.

Hmmm, I just read an Italian story with 177 pages :)
     The story is I-1993, and is a sequel to another long story,
which code I don't remember. The story is really good. The art is
good to (Scarpa?).
     It's taking place sometime in the middle age, and a lot of Disney
characters are playng different roles. After my memory, the characters
involved in the story are: Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Grandma Duck,
Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Louie, Dewie, Gladstone Gander, Fethry Duck,
Gyro Gearloose, Brigitte, The Beagle Boys, Mickey Mouse, Goofy,
Minni Mouse, Clarabelle, Ellsworth, Black Pete, The Phantom Blot and
Professor Einmug. There's also a young duck girl who's only appearing
in those two stories.

WES:
>They LOVE Disney Comics so much in Europe that they'd rather read them
>than do most anything, including going to EuroDisneyland.

Bah! That's for Americans who go to Europe.

Anyway -- I liked the humor in your letter, Wes :)

DAVE R:
>Let me know what you think of "The Stamp Act" when Mickey Mystery #3
>does come out.

Of course. They have started to paint (or whatever it is) the covers,
BTW. They look real nice.

MARK (about Marvel Disneys):
>I hope that it would be the case that if people talk about these books,
>it would be allowed.  After all, they *are* technically "Disney" comics.

I don't think anyone would complain. Noone has done earlier on the few
occasions that it has happened. The only time I can remember a comic was
mentioned that people didn't want to discuss here, it was some Archie
stuff. After all, even Belgian and French (non-Disney) comics are quite
often mentioned. _BUT_ if anyone asks me how many times I've seen The
Little Mermaid...

     Having said that much about Marvel, I could as well go on and say
that I have all of them, except for three issues (grumble, grumble).
The Little Mermaid -- boring. Aladdin -- boring. Beauty and the Beast
-- quite good, actually. Disney-whatever-it's-called -- junk.
     Marvel also quite recently published the old adaption of Snowwhite
and the Seven Dwarfs (the official adaption they called it...). They
also put into the magazine a ten-pager with the Dwarfs fighting against
The Witch. No credits, except for editors and colourists.

At last I can tell that even if Geir isn't "popping in" here very often,
he's still "working" with Ducks. He just held an excellent lecture about
Gyro Gearloose here at the University of Oslo. As you probably would
guess, Geir is only concerned about Barks' Gyro.

   Jorgen, Norwegian maniac