Disney-comics digest #623.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Mar 30 08:48:00 CEST 1995

C.DOBERMAN:
        Again with your kidding. You forget -- Disney actually does have
such bizarre and mean-spirited policies that readers here will think you're
kidding. I'm quite certain that Disney would refuse to allow someone to use
a Disney image in connection with some sort of charity  (and I really can't
blame them; these days many "charities" actually have political or
intolerant-religious hidden agendas).
        But as to how strict Disney is along these lines -- they will allow
Gladstone to use Donald or Mickey in an ad promoting their comics, but it
must seem to be a scene OUT OF a story or somesuch. Disney will NOT allow
Gladstone to use a picture of Donald pointing AT a DONALD DUCK comic book
because that would indicate that Donald/Disney ENDORSES said comic. This is
not allowable. Donald Duck cannot endorse a DONALD DUCK comic, or any other
Gladstone Donald item. (I suspect that the reasoning might involve Disney's
belief that it would be owed an extra giant FEE for one of its "actors"
endorsing an outside product.)

JORGEN:
        Hm? What is it on the first page of "The Universal Solvent" that you
don't think Americans will ever see? The Rocketeer costume in Gyro's "failed
projects" box? (Don't worry about mentioning it -- Europeans have already
seen the issue, and Americans will not see it for so long that they'll
forget anything we say about it.) >