A few more comments, and comments to comments...

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Sat May 27 01:04:33 CEST 1995

MARVEL DISNEY
-------------
DAVID:
| Do you honestly think Marvel would print many letters that
| implied readers didn't like their comics?

No, at least not any more. At first I thought that since these are
stories about "new" characters, there wouldn't be any old fans with
opinions about how this should be done, like old (Dell) Disney fans who
of  course want Gladstone to treat their old favourites as good as
possible.
     Then I thought that since there are people who care to watch TLM
more that 500 times, then they would also have a clear opinion on how
Marvel should treat the character. Then again, anyone who does that
must be brain dead or something, so maybe not.
     But anyway, I still don't understand that it can be interesting
at all having about 20 letters in each issue telling how much they love
the magazine, and every answer telling how happy they (Marvel) are
to have fans like that (and you might want to subscribe so you don't
miss any future issues).

THE MYSTERIOUS CRYSTAL BALL
---------------------------
DAVID:
I agree with you about the story, it's nothing special, quite simple,
but I'm not so sure I agree with you on the art. The pie-eyes are good,
but that's almost the only thing I like about it. I like Murry's later
style better. Maybe not as late as 1970, but something in between.

| Quite a shame that Egmont didn't run "The Lost Legion"

Ah, that reminded me about something. We were talking about this story
earlier this year. Last time I was at home, I checked the story, and
found out that, yes, I had mixed two stories. There are this Lost Legion
story, and there are another story where Goofy tells Morty and Ferdy
about the time when he and Mickey was in the Foreign Legion. A quite
good story, I think. It starts when Goofy dresses up as a soldier, and
M & F wants to know what it is. Then comes the exiting story. It ends
with Goofy walking in front of a cinema advertising for a movie about
the Foreign Legion.

I-1993
-------
FABIO:
| For Jorgen and Harry. Are you still intereted in more information about
| the story coded I_1993? Let me know!

Ah, yes. The 177 pages story. I tried to find out who did it. The closest
I could get was Giulio Chierchini, but I'm not sure. Information is very
welcome :-)

CHIAROSCURO
-----------
DAVE R:
| While not a Disney title, I hope that you'll keep a lookout for
| CHIAROSCURO: The Private Lives of Leonardo da Vinci from Vertigo.

DAVE: I have been looking, but so far no luck. What am I looking for?
A magazine or an album (or sevaral of them)? Any place I can order it
from?

PAPER
-----
Strange thing this about the lower quality of the paper in Gladstones
magazines. I understand this is because of higher paper prizes. A lot
of the "Norwegian" paper industry has been moved out of the country in
the last few years, because the prices are too low. Some of the production
was moved to France. The industry got a major drawback when the Soviet
Union broke down.

   Jorgen