Some comments

daniel van eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat May 27 04:38:34 CEST 1995

Hi,

Here are some comments on what was on the list last month.

DON:

> I think the place you read about my "Lo$" being turned into a
> feature-length DUCKTALES cartoon was in that HERO article -- and I
> don't think there's a shred of truth in it.

A *Ducktales*-movie of Lo$? That means Launchpad will also be in it.
Aargh! But I think I would go and see the movie, I'm curious how they
will work out Lo$. I don't hope they will treat it in the same bad way
as they did with Barks' stories in the Ducktales-series (but I
should know better...) But if they *don't*, we'll get a Don Rosa
story in *Dolby Surround Pro-logic!!!*  Wow!

But I know, it's only a rumour...

Santa Claus

> The REAL Santa Claus is of course Sinterklaas, who lives in Spain!
> >   That's absurd!

In Dutch Barks-comics the name Santa Claus is sometimes changed in
Sinterklaas. There was a Barks story in which the art was changed
(WDC 220, super-fuel) for Donald Duck Weekly. They changed the turkey
into (a kind of) gingerbread, in Holland called "taai-taai". "Our"
children eat "taai-taai" when Sinterklaas is in Holland.

More here-after...

Daniel