Many happy "returns"

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat May 27 13:46:31 CEST 1995

GIANFRANCO:
     "Sorry friends, this message returned to me "unsent". I don't
know what [the message's return] really means, so I resend it...."
      When you send a single message to the disney-comics mailing
address, a computer program causes your message to then be sent out
to the mailing list's other subscribers (over fifty?  I'm not sure!).
If someone's E-Mail system is having problems, the message will be
returned to you from their computer.  That's what happened with your
message;  ONE person's E-Mail system sent the letter back to you.
But all the rest of us, I think, got your letter.  So when you have
one of your messages returned "unsent," you don't need to send it
again.
      I'm sending this message to the whole Digest, just in case
others are wondering about this same problem.