Scrooge died?

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Wed May 31 11:27:24 CEST 1995

I said:
> But then again, this
> story would take place 8 years after 1966, which is way after Scrooge
> died (in the Rosa universe, at least).

and Gianfranco asked:
> mh? In Italy WDco. don't let us (writers for the stories) even talk about
> death... Where could I find that story in which Scrooge dies?

There is no story in which Scrooge dies. But Don Rosa had made a "Duck
universe" where all characters have specific birth and death dates, to
make the world more "real". Besides, he needed something like that
for his "Life of Scrooge" stories. For example, Scrooge was born in
1867.
In (almost) all of Rosa's stories the "present" is somewhere in the
mid-50s, even if the story is made in 1995.

If we extend this to Barks' stories, the original Micro-Ducks story
would have taken place in, let's say, 1952 (even when it was published
in 1966). 8 years after that would be 1960. This would mean Huey, Dewey
and Louie would be teenagers (or maybe even over 20). This will never be
allowed in a Disney comic (well, maybe after DuckDaze?), so when Don
wants to stick to his universe, he'll never make a follow-up to the Micro
Ducks story.

I'm just recalling what Don said on this list before. Maybe you changed
your mind, Don? (Or have you gone to Germany already?)

--Harry.