Disney-comics digest #679.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Wed May 31 14:19:23 CEST 1995

DON:
	I was in the local library today and found some last year Aku Ankkas
with articles about you. The first one is the one where they ask for mail
to you:

___
    The American Don Rosa has established a strong group of fans to his comics
here in Finland. The editor has managed to get possession of the man's home
address but we do not dare to publish it yet at this stage. If you however
wish to reach your favourite drawer through mail, you can post the letters
here to editor. We'll gather letters addressed to Don during November and
December and then send them unopened to the artist - even in many packages
if that's what it takes. And need I remind you the letters should be written
in English.
    We have aquired a photo of Don Rosa from Denmark so the Finnish, too,
will know what the man looks like. Do notice this, "Donald Forever". Let's
yet quote the letter of the "rosaist" Juha: "Don Rosa was about as old as
Carl Barks was when he started to draw comics. Until now most of Rosa's
stories have been established on some Barks classics, or at least the stories
have gained some extra power from Barks' stories. I do however believe that
when Rosa gets rid of this 'Barks cradle' of his, we will have a chance to
prove the birth of many of the favourite stories of the 2000s.
    About Barks we heard only after his retirement, Rosa we have now! So tell
us the address of Rosa so we can tell him too what a GENIOUS he is."
___

	And with the article there is a picture of Lo$ story where Scrooge
gets angry in Africa and has all sorts of wild animals around him. There is
a text under it saying: "Dynamy of Rosa's graphics. Can you find Mickey?" It
took me weeks to notice the little Mickey under the elephants foot.

	I personally don't know if it really is such a bad thing to base your
stories on some old ones. That is what brings the feel of some unity to the
Duck Universe.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie