Disney-comics digest #854.

Jyrki Vainio spycke at freenet.hut.fi
Fri Nov 24 20:39:19 CET 1995

DON:

I've seen in Finland also a DD storybook which looks like being
adapted from a Barks story. The story had something to do with
Donald having a swimming pool. I don't remember any details,
though.

What comes to talking about reproducing your work, Petri
Kemppinen who writes comics-related articles for Finlands biggest
newspaper Helsingin Sanomat, said to me that according to some
copyright law it's possible to publish ANY artwork without
further permission when it's included in a general article, for
example about the author of the piece.
So let's say for example that I would write an article about the
Helsinki comics festivals (which I did) I could add a piece of
your artwork to it (which I also did). So now I'm *really*
hoping Petri was right...

By the way, you say you are so such a slow artists - well
everyone seeing you draw at the con I've heard of wondered how
you could do so tidy drawings in such a short time!

ALL:

Still talking about the Super Snooper: This very morning I
watched tv before going to school 'cause I wanted to see a
Warner Bros. cartoon which they feature every morning (!) but
which I'm normally not able to see for my early school mornings
(phew, this is one long sentence!). The same program featured
also an interview of Don during his trip - he also did live
drawings of the main Duck characters. Well anyways, my original
point was that this morning they featured an old WB Daffy Duck
cartoon called - Super Snooper! Who copied who? Unfortunately
I wasn't able to see the end of the cartoon for that I still
had to go to school also, so I didn't see what was the year
when they made that short. Anyone knowing about WB cartoons
out there? Some help in dating the film might be that the
director of the film was this Bob McK... something I can't
spell. Say it to me and I'll recognize it.

					--- Jyrki Vainio ---