Disney-comics digest #812.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Oct 12 04:50:00 CET 1995

DAVID:
        I can't recall any Barks stories after the very earliest ones (when
$crooge was shown to be very rich, but was not yet shown as being stingy)
where $crooge is shown living in a mansion -- except that one-page goat-gag.
What were the others? And I really doubt that the Ducktales writers or
artists had any knowledge of that one-page-gag; any resemblance between the
two buildings was surely a coincidence. Otherwise, they would have made the
Money Bin look more like the Money Bin, instead of a mosque or something
(with that domed roof and spire).
        A few fellow anal-retentives have, over the years, sent me
blueprints of the interior of the Money Bin (quite GOOD ones, too!). And
they always show $crooge's living quarters to be in there, above the
offices. That's where I think they would obviously be, both in character
with his stinginess and protectiveness. That's where I'll put his bedroom if
I ever write a story that requires it.