-- Computer lettered comics --

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Sat Oct 14 06:17:58 CET 1995

	TODD:
	You were talking about lettering done by the computer. I was
wonder how they do that. Do they,
1. enter the dialogues in the computer, print them out on some regular
   paper, cut the texts out, and paste that on a comic-page?
2. place the comic-page in the printer and print the dialogues, made on
   the computer, straight on it?
3. scan in a comic-page, place the computer-fonts in the balloons and
   afterwards print the entire page out?
4. something else, that I forgot?
	I always HATED to see some comic, lettered with a computer.
Sometimes I read a 'Tom & Jerry'-story. Most of the time, those comics
are lettered with a computer. But the fonts they use, are almost the
same as one would see in an average newspaper. I think those computer-
lettered comics are awfull to read.
	I guess that nowadays, with all the different fonts, they
can do MUCH a better job. You talked about different versions of every
letter. You also talked about scanned in written letters. That must
look MUCH better. Maybe I have some computer-lettered Disney-comics,
that I had always thought of(f?) as being lettered by a REAL letterer.
Can someone tell me a couple of Disney-stories that were done by a
computer, the way Todd described? Or aren't there any?
     ___
C:\>aR|HUr