Disney-comics digest #823.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Oct 23 06:08:00 CET 1995

MIKE:
        I mentioned this some weeks ago on here, but since you hadn't read
"Hearts of the Yukon" at that point, it naturally didn't know what I was
referring to and it didn't stick in your mind. But I'd said that it was the
LETTERER who screwed up in that story. My script said that the reindeer,
drivers and sleds were hired from LAPLAND, not Iceland. That letterer made
other careless errors in that story -- he was the same letterer who made
careless errors in my "The Duck Who Never Was". He letters good, but he
just... makes errors. And it wasn't Todd Klein, of course. I sure wish he'd
lettered that story, especially since I see it as part 8A of the "Lo$". But
I don't think they asked him as it was a real rush job.
        By the way, how does one usually number entries in an "outline" like
we were taught to make in grade school? If I want to add something between 8
& 9, do I call the addition "8A"? Or do I call it "8B", implying that the
original 8 is "8A"?
        Did Jack London write something called "King of the Klondike"? I
don't have all of London's stories here in my library. I don't suppose his
book was about $crooge, eh?

DAN:
        Indian burial mounds? Been there, done that. An Indian burial mound
plays a major role in the conclusion of "The Lost Charts of Columbus". In
fact, when the Ducks are bombed by that helicopter (as mentioned by the
questioner), they are at that point excavating an Indian burial mound.