Disney-comics digest #824.

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at internexus.net
Tue Oct 24 03:38:19 CET 1995

Re: Phonographic Needles

Hmm, was it in Duck Soup?  Haven't watched it in a while.  It is
definitely the funniest of the Marx Bros. movies I've seen.  My guess as
to that line's origin would've been "Horse Feathers."  Oh, well.  (By the
way, the cartoon show Animaniacs did a great Duck Soup-like episode once
called Anvilania.  VERY Marx Brothers-ish.)  Now stop me before I burst
into a rousig chorus of "Lydia the Tattoed Lady!"

DON:

How do you do an outline?  Well, as I was taught it a couple of years
ago, you could not have an 8a without an 8b, as one implies the other.
(i.e. How can you further divide section 8 into ONE section?  Makes no
sense.)  Based on this theory, I'd guess that WDG #2 would be Chapter 8B.

However, being a computer science major and not an English major, I'd
just say 8B.

ARTHUR:

You saw a Mickey Mouse in "War of the Wendigo?"

I'll NEVER see WotW.  SIGH.  Maybe Gladstone can sneak it in when
Disney's not looking.  (i.e. AFTER their license gets renewed? heh heh)

DAVID:

Yes, I omitted the one-page gag in U$A #35.  I was too busy at the time
figuring which hole to crawl in after writing all the rest of it up
unnecessarily.  SIGH

Gladstone License:

As has been previously discussed, I don't think Disney cares enough about
this "small-time" operation to yank the license.  And I doubt anyone is
too anxious to pick it up.  (Maybe Dark Horse?  They have been publishing
some Tex Avery titles lately.)

And as much as I'd love to see the license yanked after Bruce Hamilton's
Penguin charade, I don't see anyone else doing a better job.  SIGH.
Here's hoping Disney renews soon and saves us all a lot of worrying.

Unless, of course, Image picks up the license.  ::duck grin run::

By the way, has Gladstone gone exclusive with anyone yet?   And would it
help their cause?

-Augie, an Image fan