Changing our name

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Thu Sep 7 02:43:26 CEST 1995

ARTHUR:

> When people are searching for Disney-related subjects, they find
> this Mailing List! But what, if Per changes the name, to something
> like: 'Dis-ney-comics'? I don't mean that the little stripe between
> the 's' en 'n' is a good idea, but something like -that- will
> prevent the people who want to find Disney-related subjects to find
> our ML!

Preventing people to find us??? That's exactly were I'm afraid of!
I don't agree that that's a good way to solve the unsubscribe-
problem. I think that it's very nescessary that people are able to
find our club, so I think that the name "Disney" is a very important
key-word to keep in the title.

There are people in America who really don't know that Disney
publishes comics. Are we going to create the same problem on the
Internet: People not knowing there's a mailing-list for Disney comics?

Why don't we first try Fredrik's two-step subscription-method and
Per's new Smartlist-method? If that doesn't work, we can always talk
about the sense of changing our name.

Greetings,

--- Daniel