I'm back!

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Sat Sep 23 17:31:38 CEST 1995

Hi!

Some remarks to Jakobs mail (most of the included message deleted for your
convenience :-)

>Somebody already told you about the book, now it's time for me to
>tell you about the CD. (I own both of them, see.)  The CD consist

Well, I'm still confused! If I want this book&CD you're talking about, what
do I need to buy? WDC#601? Or some other book? Is the CD included in this
book or is it sold separatly?

>BTW. Do we have any Norwegian guy around here?

Yes, there are several of us. If my memory serves me right (which might very
well not be the case) we are at least 3 norwegian non-lurkers and I would
say most likely quite a lot of lurkers-so-far on this list. Per, would it be
difficult to use the mailing list to maintain a web-page listing the nr. of
persons of each nationality present? Could be interesting to see!

<Very interesting part about JWCs....>
>   I really hope this will continue, because this is a very big
>happening for all Disney-lovers in Holland, Scandinavia and the
>rest of the world."

Do you (or anyone else) have any reference as to when one of these stories
may have been printed in Norway? I still haven't come around to study the
database, but I think it's getting closer (I'll soon have a portable PC
available so I can sit with my collection handy and look at it).

Guess you should have put a "possible spoiler ahead alert" in front of the
next section (about Don's "The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad")! Has there
ever been any concensus about putting any warning in such cases? For myself
it doesn't really matter because:

1. As a norwegian DD&Co-subscriber I mostly have read the new stories before
they are mentioned here (as in this case).
2. I couldn't possibly resist reading an article about a new story anyway
(just _too_ curious...)

>Yesterday the Rosa-story "The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad" was
>published in Swedish Kalle Anka & C:o. Personally I think the
>title is a real hit, and so is the story. I can hardly wait to
>see next week what will happen to $crooge and Donald in the
>middle of the Money Bin where noone can resque them! Will HDL
>find them, or do they have to do find the atom-sucker ( :-) )
>and fix everything up themselves, or what will happen? It's
>really exciting, isn't it?

I also like the start of this one. It left me with about the same feeling as
after an episode in Don's "Journey to the center of earth"-story (sorry,
just can't find the correct title in my neurologic harddisk). You sit there
with a feeling that this time Don has gotten the Ducks in _too_ big a mess.
No way they're going to get out of this alive with some amount of
credibility left in the story! So I'm anxiously awaiting what solution he
has this time...

(On rereading the article before sending it (as I always do) I see that I
don't make it clear that I thought the solution(s) in "Journey to the center
of earth" were excellent!)

BTW, I really have to go to the video store and see if they have "Citizen
Kane". I never came around to seeing it, but I'm getting rather curious
about those sleds...

>                  "-I have only one soda left, senor... but I
>                   -think it has been FLAT since the Great War!
>                   *Ever since World War TWO?!
>                   -CARAMBA! There was ANOTHER one?"

......."No match found".....Although I'm sure I've seen that quote before!
Where does it originate?

Knut Hunstad
Trondheim, Norway