A couple of Gottfredson questions, US 179 and Barks health?...

PSFr@flsmiljo.com PSFr at flsmiljo.com
Mon Dec 13 10:42:26 CET 1999

Hi Guys,

I'm de-lurking for a moment to ask you guys a few questions....

In the mid-70s it seems that the complete Mickey Mouse dailies (1930-1955)
was printed in Germany. Does anyone know how many truckloads of money is
takes to buy such an interesting collection (if a set can be found, that
is..) ?

At 313 in Germany I just bought an auction catalogue from 1996, re-printing
the complete 24 paintings/watercolors Gottfredson did (recommended if you
like old Mickeys!). I looked up Gottfredson in my encyclopaedia on comic
book artists. Here, to my surprise, it said that *another* book containing
these paintings were published by Another Rainbow in 1984. Is this true???

I also saw that the Vf/Nm US 179 on ebay sold for $1275.00! Heck, I know
it's not seen all that often but....

Just a thought: Ebay selling prices on Disney's are often about 50 - 70% of
Overstreet. That could mean that the next edition would list US #179 at
about $2K in NM !!! Isn't that about the same as some of the rare Barks
giwaways from the 40's ??? I just don't believe it ! I mean, when did you
last time see one of *these* in Vf/Nm ??

But to look on the bright side I think such a fantastic price on a 1980's
comic book creates some publicity about Disney Ducks. Maybe it can attract
a few more readers to the (hopefully) soon-to-be-continued line of Disney
magazines.

MICHAEL NAIMAN:

You asked how many on this list owned a copy of US #179. What was the
outcome? To compare it might also be interesting to know how many had, say,
#178. I mean are we interested in collecting the Whitman Scrooges at all?

I think it  is about 3 months ago I read on 313's homepage that Barks had
lymph cancer. Does anyone (GARY TANK, MICHAEL NAIMAN, Others?) know how
Barks' condition is??? It sure would be a swell x-mas present to know that
old Carl  is OK.

-Poul Frokjar, Denmark

***the following message is a standard added to any mail send from my
(company) e-mail address*****

the system manager.

FLS miljo a/s

IT department